Shipfriends

Παναγία Σουμελά (IMO 7400259)

Πράγματι το πλοίο "κατακρεουργήθηκε" κατά την εδώ μετασκευή του (είχα βγάλει κι'εγώ φωτογραφίες όταν είχα επισκεφτεί την περιοχή με κάποιους shipfriends-εξ αριστερών του μάλιστα βρισκόταν το Eun Ha,μετέπειτα ΠΑΝΑΓΙΑ ΑΓΙΑΣΟΥ,που τώρα βολοδέρνει στην ράδα τού Πειραιά).Η αλήθεια πάντως είναι ότι δούλεψε γιά αρκετό διάστημα και άν είχε αγοραστεί από άλλη εταιρία και όχι από τον MANOU-SAOS ίσως ακόμη να ταξίδευε στα νερά μας...

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys, 

Firstly, I am sorry that my message is not in Greek, I cannot speak the language unfortunately. 

I am also sorry for bringing back an old topic, though I'd like to ask members if they could do me a favour. If anyone has any photos of onboard the Panagia Soumela, could they please post them to the site? 

Many thanks for any help, it really is appreciated. 

You're welcome :)

There is nothing to be sorry about. ;)

I've added a few photos inboard her, shot during a trip, just a few months before she was laid up.

The only additions since her Lady of Mann days, were the stern loading ramp, and a new passenger lounge a deck above the stern winches.

Despite being a ferry built in the 70s, she looked as if she had been built after the War.

Noone did ever miss her down here.

1_proud_panagia_soumela_kamariotissa_180

Edited by proud_ionian

μπράβο proud.οσο είχα ψάξει δεν ειχα βρει πουθενά εσωτερικές φωτο. το καινούριο σαλόνι ηταν σε επίπεδο παντοφλας.Με το που ανεβαινες στο πλοιο έβγαινες σε αυτό το σαλόνι με το μοναδικό μπαρ το οποίο ήταν εντελώς παραταιρο σε σχέση με το υπόλοιπο πλοιο. προχορουσες προς  τα πλώρα και στο τελος του καινουριου σαλονιού υπήρχε ενας πολύ στενός διάδρομος απο τον οποίο προχωρούσες στο υπολοιπο πλοιο. Συμπαθητικό το εσωτερικό του σίγουρα όμως δεν ανταποκρινοταν σε τόσο μεγάλα ταξίδια που το έβαζαν και έκανε. 

οντως το "νεο" σαλονι ηταν υποδεεστερο ακομη και απο τα αντιστοιχα των αμφιδρομων του ριου και της σαλαμινας.

το πλοιο, οπως ειπα και οταν το ταξιδεψα, το συμπαθησα, παρολο που εδειχνε πολυ πιο παλιο απο οσο ηταν και εξωτερικα ειχε γινει πιο ασχημο μετα τη μετασκευη.

για ενδοκυκλαδικα ή σποραδες, θα ηταν καταλληλοτερο, για να μην πω αναβαθμιση

Thank you, those photos are absolutely amazing!!!  :D

If you get the time to put some more on, I'd really appreciate seeing some more of her. Did you manage to photograph her cabins? 

As regards to her looks, she had a traditional Rounded 'Cruiser' Style Stern because of her unique side loading design. Prior to her conversion she had a spiral ramp system at the stern, that allowed her to load cars at the various access points, meaning she wasn't restrained by the tidal ports she operated to and could load vehicles without the need for a link span, at almost any tide. I always loved her looks, she had the look and feel of a traditional Steam Packet Vessel, and was known as the last of the line. After the Lady, the Company started buying Ro-Ro, RO-PAX and Fast Craft Vessels. 

I'm amazed that she isn't missed in Greece, she's definitely still missed in Manx Waters. There isn't a day goes past when I don't think about her.  :)

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Apologies for resurrecting this topic again, I would just like to ask another question about the Lady as she was in Greece.

What Lounges were available for use when she was the Panagia Soumela? I know all of Deck 5 was open, as was the new lounge aft of her Cafeteria. But what about Deck 4? Were the Bar & two Forward Lounges on Deck 4 open? Were the Children's Play Area/Family Lounge & Quiet Lounge on Deck 2 open? And finally, were her Cabins on Deck 6 available for passenger use when she was Panagia Soumela?

Thanks again for your time & help.

Edited by Steam Packet Co

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...