Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Where is Festos Palace off to then? One site says Malta and another says Algeria? Is there a site where I can get refit/repair information on the Greek Ferries?

Edited by proud_ionian
quote αντί reply

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the problem with Seajets. When contacting them they refer to their website where there is only an itinerary from last year. Furthermore they just tell lies as they yesterday told people with a booking for the Aqua Jewel, the ship had suffered some damage and was currently under repair.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that another veteran of the sea has been brought out of retirement, I am talking about the ' Olympus', what route is she going to cover? When is Aqua Blue going to start working again? I see she has recently completed a couple of sea trials. And finally (sorry) any news as to the fate of Vitsentzos Kornados?

Many thanks.

The OLYMPUS apparently hit a rock/reef Thursday morning on the approach of Athinios port in Santorini on her inaugural trip. She is currently detained in Santorini as an inspection by divers revealed cracks and holes in the hull.

The AQUA BLUE started again yesterday on a revised schedule that takes her twice a week (Monday & Wednesday) to Ikaria (Evdilos) and Samos (Karlovassi) besides her daily route to Andros, Tinos and Mykonos. Unfortunately she hit the quay yesterday evening in Gavrio and ended up stuck in the sand of Gavrio basin. That was relatively quickly solved but she was detained by the port authorities untill 11.00 this morning when she continued to Tinos and Mykonos.

She is still at the port of Athinios, making the necessary preparations in order to safely sail to a shipyard (not confirmed yet).

Two tugs from Spanopoulos group are alongside the vessel, performing above mentioned preparations. 

Edited by Nikos_Chania

59 minutes ago, Billy Johnson said:

συγγνώμη ότι είμαι αγγλικά, οπότε πρέπει να χρησιμοποιήσετε μετάφραση. Ζητώ από κάποιον στην Ελλάδα να δει την πρόοδο του σκάφους. ψάχνει έτοιμο για υπηρεσία.

syngnómi óti eímai angliká, opóte prépei na chrisimopoiísete metáfrasi. Zitó apó kápoion stin Elláda na dei tin próodo tou skáfous. psáchnei étoimo gia ypiresía.

@Billy Johnson

Power Jet is located in yard of Korou at Salamina

Seajets prepares the ship for sezon of 2020 because it is not ready yet

The old engines of Power Jet have comed out  and Seajets have start to taking the engines of Capricorn at this

I believe that Power Jet  will go up soon at drydock to take the water jets

@Aqua_blue

thank you for this info. This English thread  it’s good for me. New to this forum so excuse me as tried to do it all on translate

its good that they are finally getting it ready for service as they have had it for two years now. Been laid up all this time.

so now plans for remaining of this season.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...