Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody knows where I can find a timetable of the Caldera Vista that started with Inter Cyclades routes yesterday? The one on the Seajets website is an old one and looking at her route yesterday, it was completely different with calls in Karystos and Marmari. 

Her owners(the chap is called Kalimassias) have requested an annual refit for her "where is". While there is speculation which has to do with her proximity to the Aliaga breakers:rolleyes:, the owner for the moment is insisting she will be repaired. Actually it's not even clear what's wrong with her.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Nicksy58 said:

Recently I noticed that the Blue Star Chios coming from Rhodes moored in Peri Gialos and not Agios Andreas on arrival in Astypalea. Any idea why or if this will be "normal practice" in the future?

As for the change of port, this took place following a petition by part of the municipality of Astypalea. Apparently they never liked the new port and they also felt that calling at the old port under the castle of Astypalea, was better promotion for their island.

As for the Caldera Vista, yes indeed. She will be replaced by the Sifnos Jet till early September. But this is Seajets, you never know.

I saw a photo on Facebook and was confused initially. The main port in Chora was indeed more picturesque. But the new port was probably more handily with less traffic going through Chora and of course a shorter trip from Piraeus. (Already a long route of ten hours or so)

Edited by Nick the Greek

On 8/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, Nick the Greek said:

As for the change of port, this took place following a petition by part of the municipality of Astypalea. Apparently they never liked the new port and they also felt that calling at the old port under the castle of Astypalea, was better promotion for their island.

As for the Caldera Vista, yes indeed. She will be replaced by the Sifnos Jet till early September. But this is Seajets, you never know.

Thanks for answering that Nick.

Curious to see if more Blue Star ferries will arrive in Pera Gialos in the future.

And Seajets.....indeed you never know. If that wacko gets it in his head tomorrow he's capable of selling all his ships without any notice. I don't like Seajets at all.

Edited by Nicksy58