Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi shipfriends,

just a general question: Anybody knows, is there a way to travel on RoRo vessels like Talos, Nearchos, Kapetan Christos or Pelagitis (when you don't have a truck 😉)? I really love this kind of smaller classic RoRo ferries, would defintely be a special and authentic way to cross the Greek islands! Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Solomoslove

Well, each one of them has an official accomodation allocation for 12 lorry drivers. They do not take foot passengers, unfortunately, and they don't sell tickets via the booking software. Now if you find yourself in the area, best thing you can do is go talk to them directly, you never know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, does anyone might have heard an update if Superrunner will operate this summer? I have a reservation for 2nd of August from Heraklio to Naxos (according to their booking system now all schedules are canceled) but Golden Star Ferries do not want to refund my money.

I've sent them two Emails (no reply) and also called them by phone but they told me to wait, which is no option for me due to limited connections (only Seajet).

Kind regards,
Dominik

From what is already known, Superrunner is not gonna operate this season. So you better book your ticket with Minoan Lines and Santorini Palace which does the same route. You should also call them again for a refund or else ask them to transfer your tickets to the company who will actually do the route.

Edited by proud_ionian

Santorini Palace usually operates from Heraklion to Santorini Paros and Mykonos.She doesn’t call the port of Naxos.However this year the vessel will probably operate only the Heraklion to Santorini sector due to low passenger demand.On the other hand Seajets will probably operate only the routes from Piraeus port.It depends on the passenger demand and the tourists coming to Greece or not.Right now,no one knows which vessel is gonna end up travelling.With seajets you can actually reserve a booking but they’ll most propably cancel their itineraries and you are going to end up with a voucher or money refund.

Edited by Champion Jet_2

• 2 weeks later...

The European Commission launched infringement proceedings by sending letters of formal notice to Greece and Italy for being in violation of EU rules protecting rights of passengers.

Both Greece and Italy have taken measures that do not comply with EU rules on air passenger rights (Regulation (EC) No 261/2004) and on waterborne travel (Regulation (EU) No 1177/2010). Furthermore, Italy has taken measures that do not comply with EU rules on bus and coach travel (Regulation (EU) No 181/2011) and rail passenger rights (Regulation (EC) No 1371/2007). Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many companies in the transport sector have been faced with unsustainable cash flows and revenue situations. Throughout this crisis, the Commission has consistently made clear that passenger rights remain valid in the current unprecedented context and national measures to support the industry must not lower them. While the European Commission is also assessing the situation in other Member States by requesting further information on the application of the rules, Greece and Italy have adopted legislation allowing carriers to offer vouchers as the only form of reimbursement. Under the EU passenger rights Regulations, however, passengers have the right to choose between reimbursement in money and other forms of refund, such as a voucher. If they are offered vouchers, the passengers have to agree to this solution. Greece and Italy now have two months to reply to the arguments raised by the Commission, otherwise the Commission may decide to send a reasoned opinion.

Ferry Companies, have government backing on this

Edited by proud_ionian

So, this means the European Commission doesn't care if ferry companies will go bankrupt due to a cashflow problem caused by a pandemic. Some would think an exception should be possible for this. 

Edited by Nicksy58

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 5:56 PM, Nick the Greek said:

Affirmative, she will be sailing between Siteia, Kasos, Karpathos and Rhodes.

Thank you Nick, that is more or less Prevelis route!!

Edited by Nick the Greek

On 7/31/2020 at 5:44 PM, TomJ said:

Thank you Nick, that is more or less Prevelis route!!

The Express Pegasus will go 3 times a week in both directions. Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 11AM from Siteia to Rhodos and on Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday at 11AM from Rhodos to Siteia. Which I think is a nice addition to the Prevelis.

The timetable of the Express Pegasus however is for the moment only from 5 August till 27 September.

• 3 weeks later...

Jassu,

German Cruise Blogger have raised the possibility that Majestic International Cruises has purchased the MV BERLIN. She will then be chartered by German Tour Operator HANSA TOURISTIK as replacement for the old Lady Ocean Majesty.

Can anyone confirm this rumor please?

You can reach me at [email protected]

Thank you ver ymuch and wishing all a good day

Daniel