Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

Dear Greek shiplovers,

hope you can identify a mystery ferry I photographed at Dubai in December 29th 2015 named QAFFAY 2. She is most likely a former Greek island ferry -  but with all efforts i could not find out any details of her origin. Any help on the former names and details would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Martin LH

QAFFAY 2 #2 bearb klein.JPG

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Martin

This ferry could be the former TATIANA AGAPITOU.

There are more similarities than differences. There many possibilities to sold there after a coversion. In equasis and other databases appears as TATIANA AGAPITOU II with unknown status.

As I known she stopped from Greek roots in 2004 and there are some reports that she sold in UAE.

Maybe you have solved a big mystery

Thank you

Hallo Polmyt,

thanks for answering my question!!

An interesting idea - TATIANA AGAPITOU is very similar, except for the masts (easy converted), and the windows at the rear of the main deck. Furthermore, QAFFAY 2 seems to have no shoulders on the hull, but has a flush side. This would require some rebuilding which is completely possible as they also added the anchor. 

There was, as I have seen, at least one sister vessel AGAPTIOS A (IMO 6727090) which became RAMADAN IV. Could it also be this vessel? It would have required the same modifications.

Best regards

Martin

Hi everyone. 

I have a small dilemma, I am from Australia currently visiting Greece. It was my hope to sail with Superfast, but ended up with the Hellenic Spirit. I couldn't change my travel date due to prior tour commitments.

So I would really like to take home some Superfast merchandise,(Hats, Shirt any thing really) but not sure if this would be attainable though an office of theirs or something.

Ive messaged them twice, but no response.

hoping someone can help.

Kind Regards- Mitchell.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers,

I was wondering if anyhone has news about Vitzentzos Kornaros - I would like to book a trip for July but it's still not possible. Even June is not open.

Thank you,

Dominik

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Nissos Chios will remain in Greece and will be operating in the Greek islands during 2018. Exactly in which route and under which colours or even name, is yet to be determined and will depend on what Attica Group decides. Hopefully, by early January we will know more. There's no use in asking the same question again and again, once we have news, you'll be reading them here.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I see that according to Marine Traffic- Nissos Kefalonia is in dry-dock, what is happening with her? Has another shipping line bought her? Also Nissos Rodos, is she back in the Adriatic for 'good' now? Many thanks.