Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if and when the Vitsentzos Kornados is starting back on her run? Also I noticed on Live Ships Map AIS a ship now called Sunny ex-Trelleborg has appeared in Piraeus any idea if a local ferry company has bought her?

Thank you very much, regarding the Vitsentzos Kornados my friend worked on her for many years and wants me to take some photographs of her before she eventually heads for the big scrapyard in the sky.

Yet another question (sorry), I see the 'Mirtidiotissa' has just appeared on the ship tracking site, any news about this ship please?

Hi all,

Does anyone of you know if the published timetable for Nissos Samos (Start at 17/6) is realistic? It seems there is still a lot of work necessary...

Moreover, HSW has pubslished the timetable for Lavrio - Limnos - Kavala route with Express Pegasus during July-August. Two of the 4 departures per week are not open for bookings yet. Does anyone know what the reason could be?

Thank you,
Dominik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, as you can see from the photos in the gallery, the ship is being -slowly but surely- refloated and made water-tight so that she can float well enough to be towed to Turkey and be scrapped on the spot. At this stage at least, this appears to be her predicament. The general feeling is that even sometime next week, depending on the issuance of the necessary paperwork, she could be towed to Aliaga –I presume- for her torching.

• 1 month later...
On 17/02/2017 at 10:13 AM, TomJ said:

Thank you, I cannot find any photos in the forum. Particularly interested in this ship as I have worked on her many times in the past. It's a shame to see her go to the 'graveyard'.

I see she was towed out for her final voyage to the graveyard in Turkey yesterday. Goodbye old friend.

• 1 month later...