Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Nikos, I noticein your latest Piraeus Round-up that Express Aphrodite has returned to lay up after repair. I was hoping to do a couple of trips in her later this year. Do you know if she will sailing at all? The summer is almost upon us and I'm surprised she has not yet returned to service. Many thanks, Gerard Lennon

Good day Gerard,

As you may have understood if you follow things up closely, over the last couple of years the only thing that HSW management is absolutely sure about is that they don't want to have any older conventional tonnage left in their fleet within the next couple of years. Other than that, their decision-making about where and how to employ the existing older conventional tonnage, has been changing constantly.

Unfortunately and as things stand today, it does not seem like the Express Aphrodite will be employed this summer. While her fleetmate Express Athina will be going out for one last summer season, she remains laid-up in Drapetsona and it looks as if it's a matter of time for her and the Express Apollon to be the next ones to say goodbye.

Cheers,

Nikos

• 3 weeks later...

The creators of shipfriends.gr have informed the moderation team that there is great interest from international viewers about the progress of her conversion. In response to that and taking advantage of the fact that at the moment there is no other ship next to her, here is a fresh photo. We do hope you do not find it shocking, in the ferry-enthusiasts' sence of the word.

post-22-128326958249_thumb.jpg

The creators of shipfriends.gr have informed the moderation team that there is great interest from international viewers about the progress of her conversion. In response to that and taking advantage of the fact that at the moment there is no other ship next to her, here is a fresh photo. We do hope you do not find it shocking, in the ferry-enthusiasts' sence of the word.
Hi 'Nick'

I think it's marvellous. They've finally found something useful to do with her now her IOM career is over. I can't imagine what would have happened to her had SAOS not taken this bold but necessary move - who would have wanted her as she was?!. A poorly-conceived ship that was about 25 years out of date when she was built :rolleyes: I'm sure SAOS will have done lovely things to her interiors too :P

Well, you know SAOS mate, nothing but the best will do...:confused:
Hmmm... Nothing but the best unwanted cast-offs. Where they can re-use bits and pieces from other ships and try and squeeze a sliver of profit out before the poor old wrecks finally give up the ghost. I really have to get on the Samothraki and see if anything they pilfered off the Nisos Limnos before despatching her to the beaches has turned up on board. :rolleyes:

Speaking of SAOS, I see the Thessaloniki is looking smart in a blue livery judging by your Fakta picture. So I surmise that the proposed funky rebuild is definitely OFF. Or just postponed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, in these cases from the moment one lien-holder exercises his right, all other creditors follow suit. I have no idea who the principal lien holder is but should it be the Greek State(in one form or another), you can forget contact by e-mail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for English Posting.

The translation with Alttavista of you conversation was not so good.

Is it so that Media V will be repaired and in traffic once more?

Or will she just do one single voyage to be scraped?

However all 3 of the sisters are still around and it must be a reason sens several others in the same size where scrapped, even in better shape.

Could it be that the are in a nice size and sheep to operate?

Regards

Mattias Andersson

from Sweden.