Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More on the Rod, she is no longer in Piraeus anchorage. Presumably she has sailed to the breakers, the same does not apply for the Pat though, she is still at a local shipyard.

On a much more important note and as reported today in the Greek section, the Express Apollon(former Senlac) has apparently been sold to undisclosed -as yet- buyers with her delivery to them being imminent. More info as they come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone :mad: i'm new here...i found this forum after a little search...i have seen here is a lots of intresting photos of ferries and other ships,i hope you dont mind i join you folks :) my intrest are mostly cruise ships..

best regards from Frode....

DN02aa.JPG

Delphin leave Olden summmer 2007.....

• 1 month later...

Greetings gabuliatko, for joining Shipfriends

Some of the former Ceres, Flying Dolphins are still operating in the Greek water.

1) Flying Dolphin IV

2) Flying Dolphin X

3) Flying Dolphin XVII

4) Flying Dolphin XVIII

5) Flying Dolphin XIX

6) Flying Dolphin XXIII

7) Flying Dolphin XXIX

The above Flying Dolphins are in operation under the Hellenic Seaways livery.

1) Flying Dolphin Athina ex Flying Dolphin XXII

2) Flying Dolphin Hermes ex Flying Dolphin XVI

3) Flying Dolphin Venus ex Flying Dolphin XX

4) Flying Dolphin Zeus ex Flying Dolphin XII

The above Flying Dolphins are in operation under the Aegean Flying Dolphins livery.

1) Flying Dolphin III

2) Flying Dolphin VII

3) Flying Dolphin VIII

4) Flying Dolphin X

5) Flying Dolphin XXI

The above Flying Dolphins are laid up in the repair zone of Perama under the Hellas Flying Dolphins livery.

1) Flying Dolphin V (was burnt and sold for scrap)

2) Flying Dolphin XXVII

3) Mega Dolphin XXX

4) Mega Dolphin XXXΙΙ

5) Mega Dolphin XXXΙΙ

The above Flying Dolphins and Mega Dolphins have been sold and scrapped.

1) Flying Dolphin I

2) Flying Dolphin II

3) Flying Dolphin XXIV

The above Flying Dolphins were sold to unknown buyers to me.

1) Flying Dolphin VI

2) Flying Dolphin IX

3) Flying Dolphin XIV

4) Flying Dolphin XXV

5) Flying Dolphin XXVI

6) Flying Dolphin XXVIII

The above Flying Dolphins were laid up and I presume that they have been sold.

• 1 month later...

Is ther may by some body who nose more about this accident .

In the last of the mond juni the Greek tugboat from the Gigilinis Group arrived in Holland to pick up a tow job. The job was to tow the river pushboat Rhenus Schub 2 from Holland trough de Mediterean sea Blacksea to the begynning of the river Donau .Because this push boat was tho big tho use the Rhine Donau channel. Normally this kind of river pushboats wil be liftet on a seagoing barge or ship , because its to riskey to tow it over the sea. But this time the towning the Rhenus Schub on her self . But the 4juli on the South of Italy in the Meditarean sea some things happend en the Rhenus Schub was sinking to 250 meters tho the bottom of the sea.

europe.jpg

The Europe arrrived Holland.

rhenusschubII.jpg

The Europe with the Rhenus Schub on her way to the sea , the pushboat back the Rhenus Schub only use on the river. On the sea only the Europe

Is ther mayby some body who nose more abbout this accident , story pictures of this towning on sea or the accident.

With Greathings Martin

I have a litt more information about sinking of the RHENUS Schub. This information (But the 4juli on the South of Italy in the Meditarean sea some things happend en the Rhenus Schub was sinking to 250 meters tho the bottom of the sea.) Is incorrect.

The posisjon while the Rhenus is going tho te bottom is 3.6.2008 Southewest from the Greece Islandl Sapienza (Pelepones) . I am very interest in pictures of it.

With Greathings Martin

• 1 month later...

Greetings barconauta, for joining Shipfriends

Here you can find some photos from the F/B Menhir ex Safari in the gallery of Shipfriends, in the thread of Menhir.

You can check time to time in the gallery for old photos or updated photos for Menhir or other ships that you may be interested.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other queries.

Cheers

Panagia Ekatontapiliani

Edited by Panagia Ekatontapiliani

Greetings barconauta, for joining Shipfriends

Here you can find some photos from the F/B Menhir ex Safari in the gallery of Shipfriends, in the thread of Menhir.

You can check time to time in the gallery for old photos or updated photos for Menhir or other ships that you may be interested.

Dont hesitate to ask if you have any other queries.

Cheers

Panagia Ekatontapiliani

Hi, Thanks from your help and photos from "Menhir". I want to understand and know that, if we can use the photos from the shipfriends in other places, or if we must ask firstly to the owner of the photo.

Also i want to invite all Greek and others shipfriend to visit this Portuguese blog about ships http://sergiocruises.blogspot.comWe also acept news or photos to publish, and also we can send photos from ships in Portugal. Our main objective it's to share information about ships!

Best Regards, from Portugal!

I already are missing the "Lobo Marinho" but it seems in bad situation know...

Welcome back.

I think it’s more proper to ask each member who belong the photo, if he/she agrees to use his/her photo in other internet sites or forums. You can come in contact with each member via a personal message (pm).

If he/she agrees then you can use the photo in other sites via direct link in the gallery or by uploading the same photos, but you should mention users name and the source.

For example if you choose one of my photos, you should mention my nickname Panagia Ekatontapiliani, www.shipfriends.gr.

I have a quick look in your Portuguese blog, it seems quite interesting. We hope that we can co operate to produce information for ships that we have common interests.

Hi again,

Of course, that we can colaborate. Our objective it's to share information about ships and to know more about them, because somethimes we lost them, because they go operate so far our country. And this form we can know here they are and know something about them.

If you need photos from ships, from Portugal if we can find them no problems to send them!

Concerning to photos owners, in our blog we usually put their name and link to their page. We will do the same when use photos from you! Thanks from share them whits us!

Can you put a Greek post about our blog? It's only to more people know us and can visit us or maybe someone have interest in send news from Greece, Thanks.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Is ther somebody who nows or this Tugboat stil is in use in Greece or is scrapped.For to yars ago i found on this forum a picture of this boat fotografed in Greece but not in use . But se was floathing , the picture below this boat on board of the Christina Kavada for transport to Greece in Juli 1984 . Se was sold to Erteka Construction Company Athene.

Drecht.jpg

Is ther anyone who nows something or have a picture from this boat.

This boat was a Dutch harbour boat.

With Greathings Martin

Hello Nick.

The Dutch name was Drecht , i have seeing a picture of this tug 2 years a go on this forum with a Greek name on it. I am interest to now or this tug still is in use in Greece and a picture of it . I am a dutch living in Norway with a hobby and that is Dutch and othet tugs because i was self for 35 years capten on a Dutch Rhine tug.

With Greathings Martin Norway