Shipfriends

Queries in English for our non-Greek speaking members.

ShipofTurkey

Where did you see that? Until now, we have no information about the vessel that will be deployed in Heraklion-Cyclades route instead of HS5. Many rumors have been made but nothing official.

The rumor that is possible to become true is that HSW has chartered SPEEDRUNNER III from Aegean Speed Lines in order to deploy it. Recently the vessel has been towed to Perama area.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've been a member of Shipfriends for quite a while, but I don't post that much here. I have a question: for my work, I am researching the excursion vessel fleets in Croatia, Greece and Turkey. I read in some old studies that there should be around 600 "coastal leisure ships" in Greece (that was in 2006). Does anyone know where I can find a list of these Greek ships? Most of them do not have an IMO number, I think. 

thanks for any help you might be able to give!

Brgds.

Ralph

• 4 weeks later...

El. Venizelos is going for drydocking in Malta. After she will finish from the drydock will enter service between Piraeus Chania route

Thank you. Strange her going there, aren't there any available docks in Piraeus? Perhaps the ship repair yard in Valletta gave a cheaper price!!

There are three drydocks in Greece strong enough to lift the heavy El.Venizelos:

1. Violanto Goulandri, the bigger floating drydock at Syros Neorion Shipyard, now closed due to strikes by unpaid workers.

2. Hellenic Shipyards (at Skaramagas near Piraeus) built drydock (the largest in the Meditteranean), that now can be used only for military purposes, due to E.U restrictions

3. Elefsis Shipyards largest drydock, whick sank a couple of years ago, has been refloated, but was never repaired due to Neorion Group (Elefsis and Syros yards)... robust B)  financial status

• 3 weeks later...

... She is now in Kos?

Supposedly she will house on a provisional basis 2500 immigrants out of 7000 accumulated in Kos, as hundreds are crossing daily the  short distance from  the opposite Turkish coast using every kind of floating vessel. In fact, she provides an interim solution to the humanitarian crisis erupted in Kos which has not the due infrastructure. Nevertheless , she is also substantially alleviating ANEK which makes money from a ship that would otherwise be laid up.

• 2 months later...

I saw on Celestyal site  that Celestyal Cristal will have new balcony junior suites on deck 6 ( now there are regular ousides ) . Someone knows if these will be constructed this next november before leaving for Cuba ? I saw that Cristal october 30 departure has been cancelled ( this cruise will be operated by Celestyal Odyssey  instead ) so  there should be time for a drydock of this importance  . Someone has more details ?

Edited by Franco

I studied ancient greek at school but this was too much time ago ( unfortunately )...:) If I translate from Greek the phrase with Google this is what appears

: "At the ceremony today in Washington said that after the end of the route, the ship will dock and during the proceedings,added balconies in lux cabins".  So these cabins will be added in november in a dry dock in Greece ? 

The ceremony took place on board the ship at the old port of Patra. It was a publicity event, for two seven days cruises in the Adriatic with Patra as their home port.

Celestyal Cruises spokesman said that after these cruises the ship will have balconies added at her lux cabins in Perama repair docks near Piraeus.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Proud_ionian . It would be possibile to see some pictures of outside works of the Celestyal Crystal ?

Practically ALL cruise lines ( and Repair Docks ) in the world  have understood the great importance ( commercially speaking ) and interest of their ships drydocks/refit/modernization and put on their sites interesting reports about these works and pictures that are followed with great attention by both passengers and ship lovers.

Why Louis/Celestyal couldn't do the same ? Why these works have to be done in the complete darkness in an era of social media ?  For example balconies added to a ship is always an interesting work to see !  ( and a good publicity for the Yards  )  :)

Edited by Franco