Shipfriends

[VSF] AEGEAN SEA SCENERY

Hi!

Sorry guys, I don't speak greek. I want to download some scenery of the AEGEAN SEA (Greece) for VEHICLE SIMULATOR. I have seen some videos on youtube - where a user uploaded arrivals to many ports Paros, Chios, Mytilini and even Patra. I am wondering where did he get those ports? I cannot find anything like that available.

The old Virtual Sailor Aegean Sea scenery does not have many ports, I am sure the creator od the video used some new scenery. I hope that someone here will know where to get a full Aegaean Sea scenery PLUS all the ports (including Piraeus).

Please help.

Thanks,

Zsolt Monostori

Here are the links to those videos. What Aegean scenery is he using?

Nissos Chios arriving to Chios:

http://www.youtube.com/user/12virtual#p/u/4/J0sXayPKc8I

Nissos Chios arriving to Mytilini:

http://www.youtube.com/user/12virtual#p/u/3/RYJ1RZfksQU

Minoan Highspeed arriving to Patra:

http://www.youtube.com/user/12virtual#p/u/2/s2E1ONdKdP4

I hope someone will know where to get the scenery.

Hello, and thank you for your input. Are you sure that I can use the Aegean pack with Vehicle Simulator? I placed the "Aegean" folder to the Scenery directory of Vehicle Simulator (as it should be), but the game does not recognize it, I only have the default Corsica scenery in the list. Do I need some other base scenery to use the package?

Now I downloaded the old Virtual Sailor Aegean scenery (from the official Virtual Sailor site), instelled it, and then I copied the files of the Aegean Pack (the one that I download from here) into the Aegean folder of the old Aegean scenery, overwriting the files when asked. But still not working, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Now I really have the Aegean scenery in the list, but I have only very, very simple ports, not like the ones in the video. Also, I noticed that the location markers on the map are not in the correct positions. For example, the text "KOS" on the map is somewhere at the island of Santorini. As if it's all incorrectly located.

Ok, so this is what I did, step by step.

1. Downloaded the OLD VIRTUAL SAILOR Aegean scenery, and installed to Vehicle Simulator. When I started the game, it converted the scenery, and yes, I had "Aegean" in the scenery list. But only very, very primitve ports (and not all ports), and very strange, incorrect map texts.

2. I then downloaded the SUGGESTED AEGEAN PACK (all Aegean Sea ports) from here, and copied all its files into the existing AEGEAN directory, overwriting the files when asked. But still not working as it should. The map texts, location names are incorrectly positioned, and still the ports don't look like on the videos that I linked earlier.

Here are two screenshots inside my Vehicle Simulator. The first screen is to show the false, incorrect location texts on the map. The second screenshot is to show how does my Piraeus port look... I think something's wrong.

post-3494-0-50428800-1295554984_thumb.jp

post-3494-0-96654200-1295554996_thumb.jp

Hi.

I dont know what scenery is in the video you posted.

But if you want to try, I have uploaded 2 Greece sceneries for Vehicle Simulator but they are very simple, without ports or anything.

They are in this post:

If you want, i can add some English basic instructions.

Edited by babisbabis

Hello, and thank you for your suggestion! I have recently downloaded your Greece sceneries, and I am currently using them, until I find the scenery that is used in the video, because that one has ports included. Your Greece scenery is very beautifully detailed, and I think it is a perfect base for those who want to add some ports later. I am now using it without any ports - but still enjoying it, thanks for sharing!

And can I ask one more question please? Also in those videos, the guys is using the ship called Blue Star Delos and Blue Star Ithaki. Are these ships available for download somewhere?

Thanks,

Zsolt