Shipfriends

Med Star (IMO 8604345)

Think you can drive that "Princess T" Vastervik or whatever it's called .. To a scrap shipyard directly. . Today went Chairman of Gotland Boat AB (Mr. Werkelin) out in the press and told in plain language that if everyone does their legal rights about repayments on tickets + overhead costs and etc. so it only remains bankrupt. The company is reported to the Consumer Agency and the text of the law is clear as day .. Gotland boat Ltd is required by law to repay in full + any additional charges .. If about a month, the company shall have its general meeting .. and who many interpret it so soon all capital forfeited. In other words .. there is nothing left to play with ... I personally make the interpretation that today's "acting" from the company is that it wants to put the blame on those who booked and paid for a place on a boat that has never been in traffic .. that it was their fault that demanded the money back and you also want to get paid for their extra costs ..

The company is the exception stopped marketing to attract passengers to other airlines as these require advance payments and guarantees Gotland boat in the current situation does not have ..

that's what I have to report today ..

Press release

http://www.helagotland.se/naringsliv/artikel.aspx?articleid=9942110

Live well my Greek friends .. :)

Greets to all others who also reads the Swedish side http://www.landgangen.se/forumsmf10/index.php?topic=29708.720

Gotland boat Ltd, has big problems. Who treading water but they start to get tired in the legs after all the tango they have danced .. -_-

Hi i'im italian...

Knowing Mr. Tzanetatos would not surprise me if he cheated Gotlandsbaten to complete the Princess T (incomplete since 2008).

He has left more than 9 million € in unpaid debts.

""It is reported - from "Piraeus-way" - that "Greek" had offered to deliver, "Vastervik" which cargo ships (and probably afterwards "fix the rest")

This approach is common when a ferry with expired pax certificate, must begin his final journey under their own steam .........

I read this on a Swedish ship friend forum just now"" http://www.landgangen.se/forumsmf10/index.php?topic=29708.735

Edited by proud_ionian

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Να υποθέσω ότι σε ολόκληρη τη Βαλτική (για να μην αναφέρω τη Μεσόγειο που πέφτει μακρυά) δεν υπάρχει ένα φτηνό βαπόρι διαθέσιμο για ναύλωση, από τη στιγμή που είδαν ότι δεν πρόκειται να έχουν το vastervik από έγκαιρα έως καθόλου;

Couldn't they charter another cheap ferry, when it became obvious that Princess won't be ready for the summer?

There are plenty of those in the Baltic and the Mediterranean

Edited by proud_ionian
proud translator, upon request by bandit

Personally I do not believe that the company has the money needed .. If you take away the knowledge of running a shipping company in nearly all missing in the majority of the company .. It is likely that within a week or so comes the news that the company had shut down .. Vis previously played out in the press from Gotland boat where you first come out with a "maybe" could be like this .. and a few days later, so it was just so .. I do not think shareholders are interested in losing more money now. . But that's what I think ..

Edited by Neptune

Gotland boat Ltd has press conference today 13:30 after a board decision from last night .. Could it be the feared bankruptcy as all waiting to be known, given .. or have they managed to get more money from shareholders. Report follows after press conferance 13:30 local Swedish time

Edited by proud_ionian

Bandit,in the meantime , it is written in a Creta Island website,that the vessel real (not the disponent) owners asked from the Greek Ministry of Maritime Affairs yesterday during the  Council of Coastal Navigation Lines  one year contract for the line Piraeus - Rethymno.... In other words...if it is real...this could be the troll of the year :D

Now is probably Gotland boat Ltd in deep shit waters .. What a Troll. Now if these reports are true.

Reporting on the "Swedish trolls" in the afternoon .. after Gotland boat Ltd press conference -_-

Gotland boat Ldt confirms that they shall not run any traffic in years .. But they will run up Vastervik to Sweden before the end of the year. and then run the traffic in Sweden summer 2015. They also claimed that the company can borrow more money to cope with operations and maintenance .. but not to pay back all legal costs on already sold tickets for the year 2014 which was canceled .. Do not know what to believe. Reports from you in Greece say a thing .. and Gotland boat says another .. But I'm more inclined to believe in your reports .. then I know how other businesses operated by involved board members in Sweden ... Some should be rolled in tar and feather .. :unsure:

Over and out .. take care of you

Edited by proud_ionian

Hello Bandit, 

Could you tell us in the forum some things about gotlandsbaten and the proposed line they were ready to start?

Their funds come from the private sector or there is a kind of financial support from the state (as the lifelines that are paid by the ministry here in Greece ) ? In order to commense the routes, are there any permissions you have to take from the state? (eg here in Greece, in order to start a line, you have to inform the ministry about a year before, or else take a permission from a council that has many members that generally don't allow new entries to old routes)

I have seen some articles in helagotland about a barge. They had to lease a barge because the port didn't have enough space for the proposed ferry?

We would be expecting your info with great interest.

Thank you in advance.

You want some more information on the line .. 
Here it is .. Gotland is an island off Sweden's coast almost in the Baltic Sea 
The island is a ferry that runs several trips daily to Nynäshamn and Oskarshamn from Visby (Gotland) The ferry is procured by the state at the tender .. and in part also financially supported by the Swedish government .. Just as there are the State-built roads that finance is with fees. 
Summer time when there is pressure on tourism. so are these ferries more or less around the clock. 
Gotland boat Ltd had thought that they would drive tourists cheaply reciprocates. a bit like a low-cost airline .. Now it's not the same to start a shipping company to get a ticket and rent aircraft.
Gotland Boat Business idea was perhaps not entirely wrong .. Although many doubt it would go. It is not for nothing .. as major players in the ferry market is not going into the summer traffic .. It lasts just over 2 ½ months .. and at that time able to operate a ferry in size by Princess T may be regarded as foolish.
Now surely Gotland boat Ltd made ​​a calculation on this .. and thinks he found the solution
Believe that matter is clarified now
Tie up a bit with Gotland Boat procedure in Gotland ..
If we start with the ownership structure so are 2 users campground owner was of one is a genuine and well taken care campground that is very popular .. The other Mr. Wekelin has a history which is the exact opposite. His business are lined with lawsuits in courts and strange tours. one thing he is good at .. to put things into action .. then when it becomes a hardship .. then he lets others take the responsibility. The icing on the cake so went Gotland boat out and promoted a little cocky about that now would be the state-sponsored shipping company to see the people who knew his thing .. Destination Gotland has a history that extends well into the 1900 middle as the company that operated traffic Gotland with satisfied customers. Many have raised a voice that perhaps it is the most expensive team. But it costs to operate a shipping company with ferries replaced with about 10 year intervals
Everything to the vital traffic for us out here on the island to work every day except Christmas Day and New Years Day. then ferry traffic has free and the staff shall be at home with their families
To start a ferry service seems to be easy in Sweden .. The ports it was thought that the traffic will operate Västarvik-Visby has the capacity for the size of the boat that Princess T There are several ferry piers in Visby to choose from .. 
Gotland boat Ltd decided at an early stage that it would use the "old ferry situation" in the inner harbor .. Then came Gotland boat realized that their ship went too deep .. Then they went to the local authority and demanded to use the contracting ferry traffic locations. That would mean that traffic disruption for the important traffic .. so then it was reasoned out a solution to partially grant the port .. and some other calls in old port .. where would the solution be to unload cars and pax on a barge ..
Which also swayed in the harbor in a seaway .. At the same time threatened Gotland boat to sue the municipality of Gotland and Destination Gotland 100 million sec over 10 million euros .. and at the same time as Mr. Werkelin a process with the municipality on a campming he has leased and built illegal cottages on where he resolutely and carried away all the cottages and left the ground like a battlefield with electric cables, pipes and excavated surfaces + that he is correct municipality of 10's of millions .. he has more things .. in that bag .. People are so fed up his way to appear as tar and feather is probably what many people want to give him .. Return to Princess T 
It made ​​many mistakes in the beginning .. it started a booking and selling tickets for a boat that was not finished .. It came with one excuse after the other .. all with a thin content and most lies or half-truths 
Many people like me sitting and seeking truths eh internet .. which Gotland boat missed. and drove on with half-truths .. The price they took when the debt was put on the lazy Greeks sabbotera and not working .. but rather strike and sent the Coast Guard boat. Mr. Werkelin stood at a press conference and said that the Greeks did sabotage the ship .. 
At the same time Keeps The company's CEO Lars Meijer and talk about that now, the boat is ready and will just "roll test" then shall the traffic started this was the beginning of June the news came .. then came another press conference and one to .. all the time so moving man from deadline .. at the same time they read the release from Gotland boat that now only the decor in the dining room .. Photos from Greece says otherwise .. the boat lacks the propeller does not have is unpainted etc etc
Besides Gotland boat has handled this affair lousy and you have förskt protect themselves by blaming their own klantighet other in my eyes innocent people .. 
Then maybe even Gotland boat been scammed ab owner of Princess T apparently what I have heard also was a slippery type .. 
This evening as news came all certainly would come .. Gotland boat will not placed in traffic. 
It also tries to Mr. Werkelin convince the press that the boat will come to the New Year and you must drive traffic next year .. 
I have hard that the boat is already chartered to a company in Crete .. to drive traffic between Greece and Crete .. 
And lastly came here tonight to a new report from Mr. Werkelin to Gotland boat would look for another vessel but the sentence before so he said at the company to borrow money, or make a new Emition on shares of shareholders now wants

Nest month shall be held a general meeting of shareholders. time would tell if this charade of failure is over now ..

Hope you keep up with all the turns .. Feel free to ask and feel free to publish my e-mail if you wish..

//Bandit

forgot to mention that Gotland The boat is also notified to the Consumer Agency. which means that the company is liable to pay the full expenses for all passengers by law .. The Company maintains a the law of course does not apply to them .. Mr. wekelin said at the last press conference that the company would go bankrupt if they followed the law in full .. Time will tell That Also

•  

Sent Today, 20:37

I misunderstand your questions require a little .. A little stressed out so I set to account for certain parts of the whole picture ..
From the very beginning would Gotland boat Ltd start driving traffic June 16 late where it moved to 27 June and then probably on July 7. and now not at all. Gotland boat is a private shipping company that wants to run on a route between Visby (Gotland Island) and Västervik (Mainland)

The Company has no state subsidies which the contracting year round traffic .. = our way to the mainland, where goods and services are carried out for our existence out here ..
And the barge .. yes it came to Gotland The boat did not know how deep it was in the harbor .. plus they are not viewed "The Princess" before they wrote on the TC probably ..

That was the short answer .. the long answer, you already .. and it's not all ..
The ownership structure of mass media persons, the former justice minister and other politicians, a member of the pop group ABBA are some on the list .. and it makes the matter is sensitive to the Swedish press to objectively highlight problems in Gotland boat Ltd. .. People are frankly angry at the company's actions ..

Actually saw the press this evening went out to Gotland Boat's case was due to the strike in the port .. Just There you see which source research Swedish press has ..

Pardon me if it looks messy out there I precenterade now. but I copied an email correspondence, and laid up in the forum .. Please ask if there is anything you wonder about and I'll try to answer or look for answers here in Sweden on your wonderings .. 
/ / Bandit

Edited by Bandit

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Hamlet (1.4), Marcellus to Horatio.

Έχει πολλά κενά η ιστορία τα οποία, παρά τις προσπάθειες του νέου φίλου μας, μάλλον δεν θα τα μάθουμε ποτέ (εκτός αν "βγουν" από κάποιο δικαστήριο).

Όσο και ανίδεοι να ήταν οι ναυλωτές (αλλά ακριβώς και γιαυτό τον λόγο) δεν μπορεί να μην είχαν κάποια επαγγελματική βοήθεια και να θεώρησαν ότι νοικιάζουν αυτοκίνητο.

Δεν μπορεί να ναύλωσαν ένα παροπλισμένο πλοίο με την ελπίδα να τους παραδοθεί την προηγούμενη της δρομολογήσεως χωρίς να έχουν προβλέψει κάποια notices. Και να μεσολάβησε ένας μήνας μέχρι να καταλάβουν ότι κάτι δεν παει καλά. Ας μην αναφερθούμε στο οτι θα επρεπε να υπάρχει και ένα plan "B".

(Free translation: This story has a lot of "dark spots", which despite the efforts of our new friend, will be never clarified - unless they are clarified in a court hearing or so. Even if the were ignorant -and especially in the event they were ignorant- it is very unlike that they had no professional assistance as if they were thinking they are renting a car.

It does not seem reasonable charterers to have chartered a laid-up vessel in the hope the vessel to be delivered shortly before her commercial employment without the provision of certain notices. And that only after a month they realised something is going wrong. Not to mention that they should have had a plan "B".)

Oσον αφορα την πλευρά του πλοιοκτήτη. Δεν μπορώ να φανταστώ ότι οι ναυλωτές του είπαν "πόσα χρήματα χρειάζεσαι για να το τελειώσεις? τοσα? παρτα!

Πιθανόν με βάση το ναυλοσύμφωνο να προσέφυγε σε κάποιο δανεισμό για να ολοκληρώσει τις εργασίες. Είναι δεδομένο ότι κάποιες τουλάχιστον εργασίες έγιναν.

Δεν ρίχνεις όμως χρήματα σε ένα πλοίο για να μείνει άεργο. Εκτός αν τα χρήματα για κάποιον λόγο δεν ήταν αρκετά ή αν μέρος τους κατευθύνθηκε σε κάλυψη πιό επιτακτικής ανάγκης (π.χ. οφειλές στο δημόσιο)

As far as the owner is concerned I cannot imagine that charterers asked him "How much money do you need to accomplish works? Get it.

It is a possibility that on basis of the T/C Party some loan has been made available to him. The fact is that at least some works have been done on board. I can hardly immagine that money has been invested in a ship in order to remain idle. Unless funds were not sufficient -or a part of the money has been used to cover other -more important- priorities like e.g. money owed to the state.

Συμπεραίνω ότι υπήρξε πρόβλημα και απο τις δύο πλευρές αλλά όπως είπα μάλλον δύσκολα θα μάθουμε τι ακριβώς συνέβη.

I can assume there have been problems on both parts but I believe we will not be able to find out what really happened afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am a news reporter trying to get information about Princess T/Västervik.

Do anyone know someone that I can get in contact with that has had access to the ship?

This ship was supposed to Active in Sweden by now, but for some reason the ship is stuck in Pireus, as you know.

Please write to: [email protected]

Best,

Rikard Ekholm, reporter

Västerviks-Tidningen

www.vt.se

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

στο ferries of northern europe εχουν βαλει μια συνεντευξη σε σουηδικο περιοδικο του Lars Meijer, CEO της Gotlandsbaten, που δινει διαφορες υποσχεσεις, αποδιδει τη μη δρομολογηση του πλοιου, στην μη εγκαιρη πραγματοποιηση του stability test, αλλα και σε μια παρατεταμενη απεργια (οι ελληνες φταινε).

οτι τσουζει το παραπεμπει στο μελλον (αποζημιωσεις κλπ), παραμενει στοχος η δρομολογηση πλοιου το 2015 και δεν αποκλειει να ειναι τελικα το πρωην princess t

Α δεν εβαλε μυαλο ακομα ο τυπος..Βασικα ο μονος λογος που μιλαει ακομα για αυτο το πλοιο ειναι τα χρηματα που εβαλαν για να προχωρησει η μετασκευη και τα οποια τι απογιναν;; Μαλλον δεν τα πηρε πισω ε;

Proud, επειδή έχω γνωστούς στη Σουηδία, είναι άλλο πράγμα τι τους λένε εκεί ... Σκέτη ανθελληνική προπαγάνδα! Για όλα φταίμε εμείς και οι καημένοι Σουηδοί για τίποτα ...

Σκέτη ανθελληνική προπαγάνδα! Για όλα φταίμε εμείς και οι καημένοι Σουηδοί για τίποτα ...

Για ποιο πραγμα μπορει να φταινε οι Σουηδοι στην προκειμενη?Που δεν κρατουσαν καμτσικι να καμτσικωνουν οσους δεν εκαναν εγκαιρως εδω την δουλεια τους? :P

Εγω νομιζω οτι φταινε μονο και μονο επειδη-λογω απειριας μαλλον-εδειξαν τυφλη εμπιστοσυνη στον Τζανετατο και την παρεα του..

Το πλοιο ηρθε στην Ελλαδα για να κανει σε ορισμενο χρονο καποιες εργασιες που δεν εγιναν λογω προβληματων του ναυπηγειου κι εμεις προσβαλομαστε σαν εθνος επειδη μας λενε την αληθεια οι ξενοι?Σε λιγο δηλαδη θα πουμε οτι φταιει ο οτε για να μην αναλαβουμε καμια ευθυνη.

Edited by MILTIADIS

καλα μιλτιαδη δεν ειναι ετσι.

το πλοιο ηταν στην ελλαδα ημιτελες 5 χρονια, το ναυλωσαν συμφωνωντας να δωσουν αρκετα λεφτα μπροστα, πηγε στην τουρκια για να τελειωσει, γυρισε μετα απο πεντε μηνες με ελαχιστες εργασιες να εχουν γινει και μετα εδω... θολοπλεε

τα εχουμε συζητησει εκτενως στις προηγουμενες σελιδες. πουθενα στον κοσμο δε γινεται να ναυλωνεις ενα πλοιο, να χρηματοδοτεις την αποπερατωση του και να μην ειναι παροντες δικοι σου ανθρωποι ή να μην εχεις υπογραψει κοντρατα με ρητρες.

οι πρωτοι ανρθωποι των ναυλωτων που ηρθαν, ηταν το πληρωμα για να το... παραλαβει

σε οποια χωρα και να γινοταν υπο αυτες τις συνθηκες. την ιδια καταληξη θα ειχε

που εισεπραταν προκαταβολες για κρατησεις, ενω το πλοιο δεν ξεραν ποτε θα βγει οι ελληνες τους ειπαν να το κανουν

ΥΓ: ευτυχως που απαντησαν και αλλοι στο yahoogroup και θυμησαν οτι η απεργια κρατησε μονο μια μερα και οτι το πλοιο θελει και αλλα λεφτα για να τελειωσει

Edited by proud_ionian

Ξαναδες τι εγραψα σχετικα με την απουσια των Σουηδων γιατι ουσιαστικα λεμε το ιδιο πραγμα.

Εγω νομιζω οτι φταινε μονο και μονο επειδη-λογω απειριας μαλλον-εδειξαν τυφλη εμπιστοσυνη στον Τζανετατο και την παρεα του..

Βεβαια απαντηση στο ερωτημα γιατι απο τη στιγμη που η αποπερατωση χρηματοδοτουνταν εργασιες εδω δεν γινονταν δεν εχουμε παρει ακομα..